Will preparation is commonly known as Estate Planning. It is an essential part of life to ensure that your business, family and potential beneficiaries are adequately protected.
This includes consultation with your accountant and financial advisor to ensure that the client objectives are incorporated into the plan. We check that appropriate entities have been considered, including family, superannuation, testamentary or other trusts.
We assist you with the preparation of Enduring Powers of Attorney pursuant to the current legislation and will comprehensively explain all your rights in your individual circumstances.
We assist our clients to achieve a smooth estate administration for their chosen beneficiaries, according to the terms of their total estate plan. This may include assisting in the sale of key estate assets such as property or shares, collecting bank accounts or ensuring payment of superannuation death benefits to the estate trust.
Often we coordinate this process with the accountants and specialist super advisor to ensure maximum benefits and tax advantages for the estate. Probate of a valid will or Letters of Administration where appropriate, can be obtained for the benefit of the family sharing in the estate.
Please make use of our sophisticated online Estate Planning system. It will help you understand the process, consider key issues in your estate planning, and gather the documents we will need. It will also maximise the quality of service we provide in our first meeting.
We believe in working closely with the client’s accountant and business advisers to ensure that a business succession plan is put in place that is tailored to the client’s business and their individual needs.
We can provide you with assistance in the following areas:
- Preparing buy and sell business succession agreement funded by insurance
- Advising clients of appropriate corporate group structure to give effect to particular needs of the business owners
- Advising clients of the tax and stamp duty implications of their proposed business succession plan.
We can also assist clients with structuring their business succession arrangements to include circumstances where a business owner voluntarily departs the business.
We assist clients to prepare all documentation for insurance funded and other business succession Deeds. In conjunction with your insurance broker, financial planner and accountant, we can prepare the documentation that secures your future.
To underpin the platform created in the Business Succession Plan, we offer solutions for your personal succession plan. By carefully creating a integrated estate plan we can ensure that the value created through your business is securely dealt with in your estate to maximum benefit.
- Business Succession Planning (5/9/2017)
- Avoid Disaster with your SMSF (2/20/2017)
- Family Trusts Part 2 – How You Can Plan for the Future (2/12/2016)
- Family Trusts Part 1 – Who is in control of your Family Trust? (2/5/2016)
- Nothing is more certain than death and taxes (1/14/2016)
- Clarity in the Cloud (1/13/2015)
- New Crilly Lawyers Client Survey (12/15/2014)
- Changes for Super for 2015 (12/5/2014)
- Changes to Succession Law for 2015 (12/3/2014)
- My Family Trust – What is the state of play? (2/11/2014)
- Business Succession and Property (11/29/2012)
Find UsLevel 4 Morris Towers
149 Wickham Terrace
Brisbane QLD 4000
PO Box 958
Spring Hill QLD 4004