Tony Crilly is the Principal of Crilly Lawyers and established the company in 1995.
Tony is highly regarded and recommended by his peers and is known for his practical approach to achieving the best outcome for his client. He is highly experienced in services ranging from the initial structure of a start- up business, preparing for the exit of the owners from a business or planning the personal succession issues to provide for the family after the death of a business owner. He has been advising SME and high net worth clients for over 15 years in the areas of:-
- Business Succession
- Commercial Transactions
- Commercial Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Corporate Structuring.
Tony is a member of both the Australian Institute of Company Directors and The Tax Institute. He is also a fellow of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), an international network of practitioners. He has lectured for the Financial Services Institute of Australia (FINSIA) and LexisNexis in relation to post graduate studies in Risk Management and Estate Planning and delivered papers to his peers regarding Family provision applications. He has also presentednumerous lectures in relation to business succession agreements funded by insurance, company shareholder and director rights and obligations, estate planning and estate litigation.
Some examples of the types of transactions he has recently been the lead lawyer include:
- Negotiating and drafting project funding agreements and joint venture agreements in relation to the funding of, and participation in, private companies in Queensland
- Negotiating, drafting and effecting share issues for Private Equity acquisitions and sales in private companies in Queensland and interstate
- Facilitating and documenting family business agreements to effect succession of business interests in conjunction with estate plans
- Drafting licence agreements for the sale and distribution of products premised on intellectual property developed in Australia.
- Advising mining service companies on structure, management, compliance and employment law.
- Preparing buy/sell option agreements funded by insurance
- Drafting rural succession transfers and gifts and claiming concessions in Duties legislation
- Drafting changes in control provisions of the family trust holding group assets
- Structuring vendor finance to facilitate acquisition over time of shares of partnership interests
- Structuring options to purchase business equity and assisting in finance structures.
- Preparing complex family estate plans including family trusts, self-managed super funds, testamentary discretionary trusts and powers of attorney
- Drafting alternative estate solutions including governing rules of corporate trustees and terms of superannuation trusts for second marriages
- Drafting complex capital protected and income stream trusts within wills;
- Drafting special disability trusts within wills
- Drafting special conditions for Enduring owners of attorney to cover conflict of interest transactions, withdrawal from superannuation member accounts and renewal of binding nominations for super
- Drafting key statement of wishes to guide and direct executors and trustees for the method of investment and management of estate trust proceeds.
Level 4 Morris Towers
149 Wickham Terrace
Brisbane QLD 4000
PO Box 958
Spring Hill QLD 4004