Joanne leads the Estate Planning division and has over 30 years of experience in the legal industry which encompasses wide areas of expertise.
Prior to joining Crilly Lawyers, Joanne has worked in a number of legal roles including:-
- Senior Estate Planning Lawyer for ANZ Private Bank and Trustees providing holistic financial/legal solutions for high net worth clients of ANZ Private Bank to include development and implementation of succession strategies offering tax effective means together with asset protection by way of testamentary trusts.
- Principal of her own Legal Practice in Ballina- NSW specialising in commercial law, wills and probate, elder law and business and succession planning, local government and environmental law to a broad range of clients and industrial personnel also developing extensive experience in rural land transactions including Share-farming and Leasing Agreements for the local sugar cane and macadamia nut industries.
- Corporate Lawyer for Harvey Norman Holdings (Gerry Harvey- Sydney) Extensive experience with Joint Venture agreements, corporate dealings and commercial leasing.
Over the past 12 years, Joanne has practised solely in the area of estate planning, succession law, wills, powers of attorney, business – structuring and asset protection, probate and estate administration, estate disputes and elder law.
Her experience in estate planning and structuring includes the preparation of documentation involving:-
- Testamentary Trusts
- Speciality trusts including Special Disability Trusts
- Child Support Trusts and Protective Trusts for clients with vulnerable beneficiaries
- Self- Managed Superannuation funds
- Death benefits
- Structuring issues associated with investments and asset protection.
Joanne is highly regarded as a skilled communicator in her area of expertise and she is focused on achieving the best and most desirable outcome for her clients. Her well-regarded credentials and outstanding industry experience complemented by strong commercial acumen and direct decisive manner places Joanne is a perfect position to assist our clients. Joanne’s clients appreciate her practical approach and down to earth nature.
Joanne is a member of the Valley Chamber of Commerce, the Australian Succession Lawyers, and the Women’s Lawyers Association and was past President of the Far North Coast Law Society.
Level 4 Morris Towers
149 Wickham Terrace
Brisbane QLD 4000
PO Box 958
Spring Hill QLD 4004